Setting Up RV Park
Setting Up RV Park
There are 4 basic steps in setting up the application:
1) Defining the RV Park information - general type information like the Name of the park, address, phone numbers, etc., but also Taxing information and Electric kilowatt hour rates and what is to be taxed. This is also where you provide any announcements you want your Guests to have, which are printed on the Billing Statements. Please carefully review the RV Park information Help when doing this step.
2) Defining the RV Park Sites - All sites are numeric, that is, the Program uses a number to address the site internally. However, you can use an Alias that the User will see, which can contain alpha characters. In this area you will define each site and it's size and what type of Site it can accommodate, plus the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-yearly, or yearly charging rates for each site. There is also a way to standardize the rates by using default rates when the RV Park information settings are made. Please use the Site Setup Help for a more detailed overview of this step.
NOTE: While you are setting up your Sites, please note there is a Rate Adjustment button on the panel that will allow you to define any Rate Adjustments you may want. The Rate Adjustment is for ALL Sites and applies for whatever period the Guest is staying. That is, if they are Daily stays, the Rate Adjustment is applied to each Daily Rent price; Weekly stays, it will apply to each weekly rental price. This is nice if you want to charge $2 extra for 50amp daily, or give a Senior a negative $2 per day discount. See Rate Adjustments for more info
3) Other Charges - You can define as many "Other Charges" as you want. Remember, only up to 5 Other Charges can be used on a Billing Cycle through the Guest panel, but you can use the Bill Costs Other Than Site Related button from the Main panel.
4) All that is left is to enter your Guest Information and assign them to a Site.
5) Use the MapMaker application included with RV Park Software to define up to 4 Park Maps. This is optional, if you don't want to use Park Maps, you don't need to do this.
TIP: RV Park Software runs better (and is easier to Network Multiple computers) if it is in the Root Directory.
RV Park normally is installed in the "Program Files (x86)" environment, and as such, is more difficult to network and may be forced into the Windows Virtual file structure (where RV Park does NOT run properly). Installing it in the root directory "C:\RVPark" directory is much better. If you change the install path during the initial installation to "C:\RVPark", everything is great. If you want to move it there AFTER installing it in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\RVPark" you need to follow these steps:
1) In File Explorer, select the Program Files (x86) directory in the left pane to list it's directories in the right pane.
2) Move the Left Pane slider so that you can see the C: drive in the left pane.
3) Then move the right pane slider so you can view the RVPark sub-directory in the Program Files (x86) directory.
4) Using the left mouse button, click down and hold on the RVPark directory on the right pane and drag it over the C: drive in the left pane and let the left mouse button go. This will MOVE the RVPark directory from the Program Files (x86) directory to the root C: directory.
5) Go to the RV Park Desktop Icon and right click it, select Properties from the bottom of the pop-up listing.
6) In the Properties panel change the Target and Startup lines to reflect the moved program (C:\RVPark). If you have all 4 programs on the desktop, you may want to correct each of the 3 remaining ones also:
7) Go to the C:\RVPark directory and find the "Path.txt" file and delete it. It has the previous location's path in it which will create an error when you launch the program.
8) Start TV Park Software for it to create a new Path.txt file and then re-launch it and it should run fine.